A transactional SMS is a non-marketing automated text message that companies send to support their audience along the customer journey. Among the most common transactional SMS types are order confirmations, welcome text messages, and shipping updates.
Benefits of Transactional SMS
People read it fast. According to VentureBeat, more than 90 percent of people read a text message within the first three minutes. Besides, their open rate reaches 98%, according to Gartner, which is dramatically more than email marketing.
It is a convenient medium. On average, people spend about 3.5 hours a day on their smartphones, as ResqueTime claims. The chances are that you will reach your audience.
It helps people. Transactional SMS assists people in various communication touchpoints with your brand. Using SMS, you will build a solid brand image.
Types of Transactional SMS
As a brand, you can utilize transactional SMS for various non-marketing purposes like the following:
- Allow checking debit and credit information on bank accounts;
- Help to get access to an account with one-time passwords;
- Reset passwords;
- Confirm orders to ensure everything is OK;
- Keep clients informed with shipping and delivery updates;
- Confirm or cancel ticket booking.
- Schedule appointments to speed up communication with multiple customers without personal contact.